Play based learning
- Allows for independent choice in a structured learning environment
- Teachers plan and set out learning opportunities that are fun, engaging and of interest to the child
- Children are able to choose their activities. By the time you pick up your child at day’s end, they will have had a chance to engage in all activities
- Teachers track planning and development, then discuss this involvement at a monthly meeting where they plan accordingly for the next month based on skills already developed
- This results in developmental growth in every child
- Focus areas are:
- Gross motor and fine motor physical development
- Social, emotional and cognitive development
- Self help skills.
Your child will benefit from our safe, clean, play based learning environment for children under 6 years old:
- Child-friendly and age appropriate environment. Your child is placed in one of six different classrooms that meet the needs of their specific age group. For example, in our infant room the activities and furniture are developmentally appropriate, allowing the child to roam free within the organized structure of the room, while choosing the activities that are of interest to them
- Activities that encourage child development. Each activity is set up intentionally to encourage your child’s development in the classroom. For example, our infant room has toys to entice the child into practicing fine motor dexterity. There are exciting opportunities for language development, creative mediums for manipulation, and lots of floor space for practicing crawling or walking, with a separate sleep room for quiet time.
- Lots of opportunities for energetic fun. We have an indoor gross motor room for inclement weather days and a large outside playground for good weather play. This playground is annually inspected by a third party for safety and repairs according to Day Nursery Requirements, plus we perform Seasonal, Monthly, and twice-daily safety checks as well.
- Fresh air and exercise. Our outdoor Preschool Area has a large free space so children can run, play games and enjoy space. There is a gazebo for more quiet sheltered activities, and a large climber for challenging physical coordination. Our Toddlers play space is geared to shorter legs, and our infant play space provides walking opportunities in a variety of mediums: sand, grass, asphalt, and wood.
Our staff members:
- Work together in classroom teams planning and caring for the children in each classroom
- Work hard at being inclusive and reflect a large variance in experience and training. Our Staff team consists of 15 full time positions that are filled by registered Early Childhood Educators – each person brings a unique perspective and varied skill set, spanning up to 28 years of experience. Our 8 part time positions are filled with supportive team members who also bring related experiences and education that can include being registered with the College Early Childhood Educators.
- Work with each other. Half of our staff rotates to another classroom each year, which has helped create long-term working relationships between our staff members (more than half have been with us for over 10 years!). This also creates an extended family-type atmosphere for children who attend and move from one class to another. Many clients have been with us longer than 7 years as they raise their family.
!!EDEN CELEBERATED 25 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE IN CHILDCARE!!
Our full time onsite cook has many years of experience and has been trained in the requirements for the Food Handler Certificate. The Administrative Team consists of our Executive Director Asma Kidwai, Assistant Director Margaret Bandosz and an Accounts Manager.
Asma is a graduate of University of Delhi, and has received Canadian Equivalency for her degree through the University of Toronto in Honours English Literature. She holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Sciences, and has also received her Early Childhood Equivalency through the Association of Early Childhood Educators. She also is Registered and Certified. Asma began her relationship with Eden Daycare as a Supply Teaching Assistant, and has moved through the ranks to full time teacher, then Head Teacher, then Assistant Director and is currently serving as the Executive Director.
Margaret is a graduate of the University of Lodz in Poland, with a Master degree in Education in teaching the primary grades. Margaret received Canadian equivalency for her credentials (including ECE) through the University of Manitoba , in Saskatchewan and in Ontario through Sheridan College and the AECEO. Margaret is Registered and Certified. Margaret began her relationship with Eden Daycare as a Supply Teaching Assistant, and has moved through the ranks to full time teacher, then Head Teacher and is currently serving as the Assistant Director.